Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or National Health Protection scheme also famous by the name Namocare or Modicare is a healthcare scheme implemented by the Central Government of India under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Damodar Das Modi. The scheme which falls under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare provides all the eligible candidates holding Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card to get free medical treatment of upto Rupees 5 lakh from both state-run as well as private hospitals across the country.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is the successor of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (lauched by UPA government in the year 2008 for all those holding BPL cards) has stabilised as the largest health care scheme in the world, benefitting over 10 crore households all over the country.
|Name of the Scheme||Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Ministry||Ministry of Health And Family Welfare|
|Launched On||23 September 2018|
|Target Beneficiaries||Poor and Vulnerable Families of the Country|
|Total Number of Beneficiary Families||10 Crore Households|
|Total Health Coverage Amount||Rupees 5 Lakh per Annum|
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
|Toll Free Helpline Number||14555|
Features of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana is targetting about 10.74 crore poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban population.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana will get cashless benefits of Rupees. 5 Lakh per family per year from any public or private empaneled hospitals across the country.
- It is an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database. At present it is targetting about 10.74 crore poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban.
- One of the core principles of Ayushman Bharat Yojana – National Health Protection Mission is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states.
- Appointment of Ayushman Mitra has also been made under the scheme. The main task of Ayushman Mitra is to provide the beneficiary with all the details about the scheme and help him get the benefits out of it. Preference for the post of Ayushman Mitra will be given to the individuals working with the hospitals and nursing homes and proper training will be provided to them.
- Toll free number has also been launched by the Central Government. One can easily dial 14555 and get any information regarding the scheme. Apart from this, information can also be gathered by the CSC centre, if one does not have any access to these modes then they can also get in touch with the ASHA or Anganwadi Workers, they will provide you with the same information.
Also Read: Uttar Pradesh Police Bharti Recruitment 2020
Eligibility Criteria To Get Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The only criteria that has to be fulfilled for the scheme is that their name should be registered under SECC list 2011. Ones whose name will not their in the SECC List 2011, will not get the benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
How To Register Yourself To Get Benefits Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
There is no such particular application form or registration process for getting benefits under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. In fact, the authorities will select the beneficiaries by themselves based on the registration made under SECC 2011 list. Ayushman Bharat Yojana cards will be sent directly to the homes of the SECC 2011 Registered beneficiaries.
How To Search The Beneficiary’s Name in the Yojana List?
The Central Government has already announced that only the people who belong to poor financial background will get the benefits of this scheme. Only condition is that your name should be registered under SECC 2011 list. Without this you cannot become a part of this world’s largest health care scheme.
Also Read: Haryana Army Bharti 2019-2020 Full Details
It is also possible for an individual to find whether his/ her name is present in the SECC 2011 list. Just follow the following steps.
- One has to click on the link we are providing you here- http://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login
- A new page will appear in front of your screen, enter your mobile number and captcha and click on generate OTP.
- This will generate an OTP and it will be sent ot your registered mobile number.
- There is a specific field of feeding that OTP, after typing that OTP in that particular filed click on ‘Submit’.
- Now you will be directed to a new page, from here you can check who all can get the benefits of the scheme.
How To Implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- Interested candidate can visit the nearest hospital empanelled with the scheme.
- They can meet the Ayushman Mitra over there, who will help them in registration process.
- The Ayushman Mitra will use the details of the candidate in knowing if they are eligible to get cashless benefits or not.
- Now it is the responsibility of Ayushman Mitra to forward the case to the authorities.
- They will then provide the beneficiary with the information of the treatment package.
- The authorities will also check the balance in the cashless treatment account of the beneficiary.
- After completing with all the formalities of the official paper, actual treatment of the patient will start.
- Once the treatment is over and the patient is discharged, the hospital will maintain all the records of the patient about their treatment and discharge procedure.
- The hospital will then fill in and submit a claim request to the respective authorities. Along with this they must also attach post-treatment evidence and discharge summary for verification.
- In addition to this, the hospital must also attach patient’s feedback summary about the service and generate a valid electronic bill.
- The bill must highlight all medical procedures which have to be applied.
List of Hospitals Under The Scheme
It is not compulsory for all the states to implement the scheme. A beneficiary holding the Ayushman Bharat Card can use this card in all state-run hospital of the states interested in the scheme. Apart from this you can also get the benefits of the cashless treatment scheme in all the private hospitals empanelled with the scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana? Ans. Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission is one of the biggest healthcare schemes initiated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi Ji to ensure that underprivileged poor citizens of India can receive proper healthcare facilities. It is the successor of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana At present it is benefitting over 10 Crore people of the country.
- What kind of healthcare services are provided under Ayushman Bharat Yojana? Ans. Ayushman Bharat Yojana provides facilities like
- Newborn children services
- Pre & post hospitalisation expenses
- Daycare surgeries
- Follow-up care
- Who all are eligible for Ayushman Bharat Yojana? Ans. At present the scheme is benefitting over 10 Crore poor and underprivileged families in India and these families are identified as either deprived rural families or occupational categories of urban workers families under Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) List 2011. So, for any family wanting to get benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card, it is important to be listed under SECC 2011 List.
- What all documents are required for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card? Ans. Enrollment letter received from Health Department/ PMO Office on the basis of SECC List 2011 and a valid ID proof including Aadhaar Card, Ration Card etc.
- What benefits are available under Ayushman Bharat Yojana? Ans. Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) provides an insurance cover upto Rs. 5 Lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary hospitalization. All pre-existing conditions are covered from day 1 of implementation of AB-NHPM in respective States/ UTs.
- Will beneficiaries have to pay anything to get covered under this scheme? Ans. No, all the beneficiaries can avail free services for secondary and tertiary hospital care for identified packages under AB-NHPM at public and empanelled private hospitals. Beneficiaries will have cashless and paperless access to health services under AB-NHPM.
- What is the enrolment process for AB-NHPM? Ans. Ayushman bharat Yojana is an entitlement based mission. All the families which are identified under SECC List 2011 will be given benefits of AB-NHPM.
- How are beneficiaries indentified for AB-NHPM? Ans. The beneficiaries are identified based on deprivation categories (D1, D2, D3, D4, D5 and D7) identified under SECC List 2011.
- Can those families whose names are not in the list avail the benefits under AB-NHPM? Ans. No additional families will be provided benefits of AB-NHPM. Only the names of additional family memebers can be added to the list for those families whose names are already in the list.
- Will a card be given to the beneficiary? Ans. Yes, a dedicated identification number will be allotted to the eligible families. Additionally, an e-card will also be provided to the beneficiary at the time of hospitalization.
- What is the helpline number of AB-NHPM? Ans. Beneficiaries can reach out for information, assistance, complaints, grievances to a 24X7 helpline number – 14555.